Scottsdale Arts COVID-19 Response
The safety of our guests, staff, volunteers, and artists is critical as we plan for gathering again. We are utilizing science and advice from medical professionals to determine ongoing health precautions for events in our venues, and these safety protocols will be adjusted as standards evolve and artists’ plans change. It is essential that we stay flexible and we ask that you do too.
See our timed-entrance protocol for the week.
Reopening Guidelines—Know Before You Go
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts is instituting several policies and procedures to help ensure your safety, as well as ours. Here are our new procedures:
- Face mask or face coverings* properly worn over the nose and mouth are always required for staff and visitors (ages 3 and older). If a plastic face shield is worn, a face mask must be properly worn underneath it.
*Disposable face masks and gloves are available upon request and free of charge.
- Utilize the hand sanitizer stations throughout the Center and thoroughly wash your hands during your visit to restrooms.
- Social distancing is always required. Keep at least 6 feet between yourself or your group and other visitors.
- Audience entry into the theater is timed to ensure physical distancing guidelines. Please keep your distance by following the marked floor signage for entry into the theater.
- Seating in theater is physically spaced for social distancing (with varying sized seating groups available).
- At this time the Encore Bar and concessions will open during select performances.
- Drinking fountains are closed. Bottled water will be available for purchase at the Encore Bar (which is only open during select performances). Patrons are allowed to bring from home one sealed plastic bottle of water (up to 32 ounces) into the theater.
- Food or beverage can be consumed only within the designated eating and drinking area. Additionally, masks must be worn unless, once seated, a patron is actively drinking water.
- The Center implemented an enhanced frequency sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- The Shop @ the Center is limited to five visitors at a time.
- Box Office is open for in-person sales 1 hour prior to start of performance.
- Box Office will be closed during and after the performance.
If you do not feel well and have any symptoms of illness, stay home and do not attend the performance. Contact the box office to review your options including credit to a later performance in our season, donating your ticket, or a refund.
For a full list of our safety measures and ongoing updates, please visit ScottsdaleArts.org